Monday, August 25, 2008

Job Scam

This is what I would like to share to everybody, so when you meet the same situation in future, you will know how to react. Be aware!!.....

I applied for a Job as a Mechanical Engineer through one of the most popular job portal available in Malaysia. And here was the reply:



Gallant Consulting Limited
103 Johnson Street ,
Victoria Island,Lagos , Nigeria
Tel: +234-8037938934F ax: 07075707809, 0800-007-3419, 447006085095

Dear,
This is to inform you that your qualification is found suitable for the job {Professional Mechanical Engineering Services}. Your name has been short listed. Respect to this, you are required to go through our contract terms and agreement and if acceptable, you are required to sign and return it and contact us immediately for further directives.

The contract terms and agreement is well forwarded for your confirmation as mail attachment which you are required to sign the last page of the contract terms which covers your full name, address and signature and return by mail attachment or through the above fax immediately.You can also call me on my direct line if you urgently require any assistance.As soon as I receive the signed contract terms, I shall proceed further.

Yours Faithfully,
Fred Michael
Project Manager


When I read the contract terms and agreement, it really sound TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, and made me really excited about what it has to offer. Anyway, I managed to look for some information on the Internet, and was surprise to find out that it was really a scam. They used the same tactic, same contract & terms.... only the different was the job description and the company name & details.

I contacted them through email, and asked them why there were no interview conducted and how will they know that I will ever perform? They replied was, the working environment is a team based and multi racial.... so i will learn through discussion and on the job training and it gonna be fun.

I even asked them will there be any advance payment i should make.... and by the moment they said YES, i knew it... without doubt, it was a scam.... so everybody out there should be extra careful when encounter something like this in future, because they will never stop cheating on people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I can say with 99% certainty that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further innovates, the possibility of uploading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4i[/url] DS FFOpera)