Monday, October 4, 2010

The Training

Today is the most interesting day I ever have in my company.... Why? Because I attended one whole day training about Integrated Circuit and wafer fabrication processes. I love it because now everything seems to make sense for me. Before this, I was kinda confused about processes which they called as implant, diffusion, etching, litho bla bla bla... I don’t really know what is being discussed during the meeting as I failed to visualize the purpose of having these processes.

I went to the clean room for many times, and yet since it is a highly automated system over there, I can only see the ‘surface’ of it. The whole processes is confined into a big machine which made it almost impossible to see how the machine working on the wafers. The trainer is very experienced as she relates her explanation with things connected to daily life. So, it’s easy for us to understand.

Overall, it’s a very interesting topic, and now I know how to relate things like chip size and processing speed, which I have been wondering all this while. The same goes to terms like nano technology, duo core, Celeron etc and how exactly this very tiny chip is being developed from layer to layer until it becomes usable to their intended end product.

It’s very interesting!

-----THE END-----

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don worry lor.. wen u knw everything, go screw them back..