Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Evaluation

I didn’t realized that time is flying very fast. I have been working in my current company for 3 months. Today, my manager called me for an evaluation regarding confirmation. I thought it suppose to be with my immediate supervisor first. But actually, my immediate supervisor had given his personal view about my performance with my manager. Appraisal score was ready, just waiting for me to read and sign.

The evaluation falls within 4 categories as follows:

Category 1: Goals & Job Execution
Remarks:
Perform job in direct & orderly manner.
Always with new ideas and suggestions.
Beginning to set aggressive goal.
Reliable & total independence.
Prioritization: Above average.
Grade: C.


Category 2: Performance Behaviour
Remarks:
Capable & competent,
Self-reliant and competent
Has drive and determination
Learns quickly and adapts to change and job enlargement
Meeting TCS, good customer feedback
Persistence & cycle time conscious
Always punctual and has not been absent from work
Grade: C

Category 3: Interaction
Remarks:
Generally capable of leading, motivating and work with team
Accepts and promptly carries out assignments
Able to communicate and express thoughts and ideas with all levels
Always get along well with all associates and work well with others
Pursue until issues resolve
Participate and assist in extra activities and maintain basic housekeeping
Grade: C

Category 4: Job Skills
Remarks:
Good quality of work with minimum errors
Imparting knowledge and skills as requested
Grade: C

I wonder what suppose a person should be to get an A or B? They must be very brilliant, excellent, and outstanding. Looking at the remarks above, I can accept that I indeed fall under that category and actually it is not that bad after all. But the grading makes it looks like….. WTF???

Even so, there are some criteria which I do not agree with, as I do not see any method or way to channel my efforts toward achieving it. Maybe it requires another 6 months to go? Or probably needs to be more aggressive? Or probably as a matter of fact, the ‘railway’ is not there. I am glad it is well communicated with my manager and he understands my concern.

Nevertheless, there are some positive points and words of comfort given by my manager. He is still the best manager I have so far since started working.
P/S:
If it is a self evaluation, I already put myself under Grade A as I usually did in the previous company. Hehehe

10 comments:

Claire said...

gila la. mcmtu pny remarks pun C ka? jadi antu la yg dapat A tu sy rasa...hehe

Rayns said...

Tidak bah Claire.... yg A tuh jadi ANGEL. Sia yg berdosa ni, ngamlah dapat C. kakakaka

Vera said...

u cant never cant A. In my company, grade C = 3 means you are just meeting the expections of your work. If you want A means that you have to do 130%!

Rayns said...

130%? Never in my life, not because i cant, but i wont torture myself beyond my limit. I will only give max 80%. Thats it. No OT, no lebih2... just do whatever outlined in my job description.

The make the guideline in such a way, that doing fine equally to just meeting expectation.

Wel^Beiolman said...

napa semua C ni..inda adil maniger ko ni..haha..patut B suda ba tu..haha..betul tu sakap si vera..haha..i'e heard about this before..good job rayner..bila mau celebrate ni..housewarming belum lg..haha..

Rayns said...

Housewarming Well? entah lah bila.... sudah lah mimang panas ni rumah kami ni well... inda ngam ni untuk mau buat house warming... teda halaman barbeque....

TaQuiLa said...

C stands for Cemerlang ba..
B stands for Boleh la kaw kaw
A stands for Alang-alang jak..

kekekekeke..

fchan said...

Ok la ba tu rayner...besanya klu evaluation utk confirmation drg xkasi tinggi tu...berapa sgt jak yg dia dp evaluate ko dlm tempoh 3 bulan probation,kan? lain la klu boss ko selalu bawa ko minum d cafe dusun...byk dia bulih evaluate ko..wakakak. Mcm c well ckp...BILA mo CELEBRATE ni?

Rayns said...

Sheila,
Ok juga kalau utak durang fikir mcm tuh kan... but untuk kasi senang hati sia nih,maka sia terima definition awak... hehehe... thanks... i am cemerlang..

Frankie,
Selamat datang ke dalam comment blogku ini.... selamat memaparkan blog kau juga yah.... nnt palan2 sa baca sampai habis.. banyak gia tuh tulisan kau sana....

Aduii, sia sudah lupa pasal evaluation sia nih.... paduli lah dia... asalkan gaji sia kana kasi naik nnt cukup lah.... celebrate? sia tidak nampak apa apa yg mau dicelebrate lah franks....

Anonymous said...

hello lett, ko konsisten owh update blog...
ko mau engage bln desember? wa, congratulations. sa masi lg d pulau ni. mcm susa mau pndh dr sini.