Saturday, July 18, 2009

THE HECK

I woke up late today. It was 8.15am when I realized that I was still laying on my bed…. comfortably. But as usual, and I think it is my habit when it happened to be late to work….. I never rushed myself instead of preparing myself slowly and calmly. It always inside my mind that, once I late, how fast I rush myself, my attendance will still being recorded as ‘LATE’. They do not distinguish the time frame like 5 mins late, 10 mins late or so forth. So, why bother? Once late, embrace it and enjoy the ride.

I arrived at office like nobody business. Pretending that I just came back from meeting, sat on my table and switch on my computer, and straight away do my job like nothing happened. I am very good at pretending a.k.a ‘berlakon’. My colleague asked me….. “U got fever?” and I said… “No, I woke up late”.

I had been very busy lately. Lots of job coming at once, and require completion about the same due time. But, I learnt to control my stress. So, complete or not, I will walk out shortly after office hour is over. That is my principle.

I bought my September flight ticket to KK last 2 days. Actually I had seen it increasing day by day, week by week, from RM 400 something to RM 651 and lastly to RM700 something. I was so afraid that the price might climb up if I keep on delaying. And once I made my decision, the price already at RM748. So I delayed my flight to the next day, and managed to get a return ticket at RM651. So I bought it.

This evening I checked the Airasia.com website again, and I was very shocked, surprise and pissed off. The price for a return flight with exactly the same date and time to KK has dropped off by 40% from RM 651 to RM 385.


I was thinking what the TUUT is going around? What games are being played or what principles are being applied to decide the pricing? I thought the further you wait, the more expensive it will be. By logic, shouldn’t it be that way?

I think this people had learnt enough about consumer’s psychological behaviour. They know how people normally think and react and this is our fault for generously giving into their customer’s feedback survey. When most consumers including me have the same typical thoughts, the opposite will happen out of our expectation. Who will not be pissed off when such situation happens?

Then I thought about my December’s flight ticket which I bought about a month ago. I check the same route, same date and same time…… and again and again…. I am totally speechless!! The price has gone down by 11% from RM 319 to RM283.

So in the end, I lose about 30% out of RM 900++ due to my smart ass. This is a good example out of this case that, when buying ticket from Airasia.com, I should not plan in advance, especially when the hot promotions are being released.


8 comments:

TaQuiLa said...

why u didn't check MAS? sometimes the price is far cheaper than AIrAsia ..heee..don got a very good price for Raya using MAS..
nvm rayn, as the saying, learnt from our mistakes..:)

Frankie said...

Ya, rayner life's like that. A 'hahah' for you. Nda bah...jgn ko panas. klu ko mo beli tiket, ko check dia punya price tag sana. Klu ko nampak dia tulis 'economy promo' di tepi tu..kira yg plg murah la tu. tp klu ko check harga dia consider mahal, ko p cek lagi MAS (mcm si sheila ckp). But sumtimes worth to be waiting and not be panicked mcm kes ko kelambatan p kerja tu, rilek jak...AirAsia akan buat 2nd offer tu a few weeks before your flight...tp ni ada risky sikit la terutamanya ko punya flight on Sept (falls on Raya gia tu). Sy beli tiket for november, return ticket png-kk-png for AirAsia is RM213 jak. Libar senyuman sia pastu..hihihi.
Bijak bah si Tony Fernandez punya marketing strategy ni. Lets say dia allocate 200 units of promo seats, maybe 1st promo dia release 50% dulu..tp klu cepat jak seat tu terjual, dia akan cut-off the promotion..pastu kasi naik harga balik...pastu dia check sales target, if 1 kapal masih ada byk kosong lagi, baru dia release the remaining units allocated. Sia rasa la...lum lagi sia ada masa mo tnya si Tony.

TaQuiLa said...

agree with chan.
yes, marketing strategy AirAsia mmg hebat. Last month, my sister and i purchased 20 tickets in one night using different computer, and within a minute, u can see the different higher and higher..ends up the different price from the 1st ticket to the last ticket was RM2++..sandi oooo..but the next few days, turun suda balik tu price..kureng betul!

Frankie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rayns said...

Sia ada cek bah sheila tuh MAS... tapi bikin meradang dia punya website yg tidak mesra pengguna tuh. Sia mau belajar dr kesilapan labah nih....

Iya frankie.... nnt sia pi ikut nasihat ko masa membeli tiket ya.... jaga ko kalau mahal juga.... satu lagi... Harap2 si Tony tidak pi baca tulisan kau di blog sia nih.... hehehehe

Wel^Beiolman said...

haha..tinguk nasib ba tu rayn..kalu dia rasa2 ko byk duit tu masa..dia kasi mahal la..haha..kalu di tau ko mimang tinguk2 sja inda mau beli..dia kasi murah..haha...

i heard mas is getting cheaper suda..haha..inda tau la..inda pena naik mas lg....

ada terik durang ba tu..pandai kasi cycle tu price tuk cover 1 journey expense then extra tuk profits la..hehe..

Anonymous said...

hi lett..lama x jumpa..and suddenly i stumble upon your blog...how is life?

Rayns said...

Mimang ikut nasib tu Well.... but bikin marah jugalah kalau nasib tidak menyebelahi gia... dasar gangren!! Tuh MAS pula banyak peraturan dia punya website.... susah betul mau log in... ka dia ingat sia terrorist nih....

Hi Mummy Zuan... Actually siapa bah ni sebenarnya? hehehe