Thursday, August 20, 2009

Re-Location

The current company I am working with has 4 plants in Bayan Lepas area which are located at separate locations except for Plant 1 & Plant 2. Currently I am working in Plant 1 as an Industrial Engineer. I have another three colleagues which is an IE as well. We are doing the same job, but only dealing with different customers.

After working in here for about four months,
next week I will be leaving my colleagues and friends at Plant 1. I will be transferred to another plant which is located about 3km or 4km away. I have a mix feeling about this re-location. Firstly, I am very comfortable with what I am doing now and also with the people around.

Moving to Plant 4 means leaving my friends behind. Not only my friends, but my colleagues as well. I will be the only IE there and of course the job requires greater responsibility and to be more challenging. Hesitating to go out of my comfort zone, nevertheless, I said yes to the re-location plan because the other side of me want to discover what they have in there.

I am now in the midst of training and transferring my current job to the newly hired IE. She is doing well so far and I think it is the best time for her to pick up everything before the next incoming project which is expected to be increased in the coming months.

I will be starting to work at Plant 4 by Tuesday next week. I do not know what to expect since I never been there and I do not know anybody around closely. But I believe its how you deal with people and fit in yourself into the crowd. Once you understand them well, and then start manipulating… hehe.

No comments: