Thursday, September 16, 2010

16 September 2010

Today is Malaysia day. Today is the birth date of Malaysia. 31 August 1957 is the independence day for Malaya, but not for Sabah & Sarawak. These two states does not gained independence from Malaysia, but they join together to form Malaysia. Sabahan and Sarawakian must not cnfuse themself... there are a lot of news out there keep on mentioning that Sabah & Sarawak gained independence by joining Malaysia. I used to think like that for many years. And I was wrong.
When I look at my own state, I simply do not understand why my very own people have not change their mind. Why they do not look around them, what the are lacking of, what had been robbed from them by the federal government of Malaysia. Why they are too good until the extent of just accepting the fact and fate that they have enough.... They need no more... as long as they can feed themselves and their family...it is enough... what a complacent attitude.

Sabah and Sarawak are rich in resources, and yet their wealth is being taken and left to be among the most poorest states in Malaysia. Development in Sabah is among the slowest. I spent about 20 years of my life in Sabah and another 8 years in Peninsular. I do not need anybody to tell me what the difference between this two region. I experienced it myself.... about how fortunate those peoples living in the Peninsular... From infrastructure, transportation, job market etc.... they are far much better than us.... 

There are a lot of Sabahans and Sarawakians professional working in Peninsular because there were no jobs for them at their hometown. Most of the time, they have to choose between family and career. If they choose to be near with  family, they have to bear taking jobs with low salary and doing jobs that does not match their qualification. So many of they choose their career over family. It doesn't mean they ignore their family though. It's because they loved them, they decided to go and look for a better future.

Anyhow, I think we have not learn. Because the seeds of complacency is very much rooted in our life. Thats why, the BN government still happily and without  shame robbing us and raped our rights. We simply do not care. We are their fixed deposit maaaa..... 

What I am trying to say here is that we must tell them that we can choose and we will choose the best. We are not depending to any ruling party, but they depends on us. They must know what we want, and they must know the consequences if they do not give what is rightfully belong to us. And when I say "us" i mean the whole people of Sabah. Not for specific race as commonly practiced in the peninsular. That's why they need 1Malaysia. 

So remember...... we have the power to choose. Choose what is the best for our future. Give our children a better place to live :)

-----THE END-----

No comments: