Sunday, March 28, 2010

Standard Chatered KL Marathon

I registered for this event which will be held on June 27, at Dataran Merdeka KL. This will be my second marathon ever, after the Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM) and of course will be another good experience for me to have in life.

I see some differences of this event compare to the previous one. For the full marathon run, the starting time will be at 5am whilst the PBIM started at 2am. My target to complete the run is about 5 hours which seems to be about 10 am in the morning. If the weather is good, 10 am is already hot and will be one of the disadvantage for me as well.

From my past experience, my main problem was muscle pain. I could do better, if I can overcome this problem. I finished at 5 Hours 47 Minutes for the PIBM. Now my new aim is below 5 Hours. I don't know whether I can achieve this. It will depends much on how I overcome my muscle pain.

I decided to run because I just love running while listening to  music. I don't think I can go to the finishing line without my music on, because it will be very boring. Just imagine running 42 KM with an empty mind? At least with music, I can think of many things... life, career, achievements, what would I want to be in future? and etc. These things actually makes my running more enjoyable.

In terms of preparation, of course I will say I am more prepared compare to the previous one. But I don't know how much the time difference will affect me and since my GF will be joining as well, I don't know how it will effect my performance as a whole :).

Anyhow, the first n foremost, I must find a way to reduce the muscle pain problem. I will once again put my body into test. If I managed to improve my timing, means I am progressing, and might be considering another similar event in future. Otherwise, this could be the last marathon I ever join.

-----THE END-----

No comments: