Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Smell

Yesterday I received call from my HR saying that my termination notice should be 2 months and not 1 month as stated in my apointment letter. I was reluctant to accept that by saying HOW COME??

She said, last increment they made it clear and if i am not to agree with it, they will have to retain back all my increment which means deducting my salary out of it. I asked them to show me the evidence. I said, i will based on my letter of appointment's contract. In the end, she said she will reply me back.

I do not know if she was just joking, but i need to prepare myself for the unexpected. Back home, i searched for watever increment notice that i received, and indeed there is no such statement regarding the notice period. I tried to recall, because if i am not mistaken, they changed the notice period, but for only new employees who start working in 2006.

I do not know, why only this time they make this an issue. Anyhow, i cannot say further until i receive their official reply on this matter. As a precaution, I am doing my homework to identify my rights as an employee according to the Malaysia Employment Act 1955.

So far i had drafted my reply, and will attack back if my rights is being denied. As for now, we can only wait and see. Hopefully things will get as less problematic as it suppose to be.

-----THE END-----

5 comments:

Vera said...

HR should have a lot of rules pertaining to this so you better watch your back.

Dig rayner, dig!

Anonymous said...

Im gonna fight even if i am gonna lose.... worse come to worse, i wont have my salary in month of march. Biarlah dorang dengan rules2 rekaan durang... I am sticking myself with the Employment Act 1955. Try me.....

life said...

bah dig2..but any changes without ur own signature is invalid...this is the rule of thumb

Anonymous said...

I think even if there's a 2 month notice for some crook or another, you can still walk away after a month. The good thing, the company will not be able to afford to claim damages from you in court as it's a very expensive process, but the downside is that you burn your bridges with them.

Anonymous said...

Alex:

Yup... ii agreee with that Alexa. eventhough they have the right to amend the contract, but they should have informed me earlier and ask for my agreement. What is the purpose of a contract if you can change it anytime without even bother the inform of the other party? Contract buatan sendiri kah? Itu mulut dia yg cakap.

Galli:
It is not me who burn the bridge. They are the one who do it and they are indeed in the process of doing it. Some bridges are meant to be maintained. But when ppl prevent you acces through the bridge and even try to kick you out of it.... i dont see why i should maintaind my bridge with them.