Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Balance Pacesetters 15 KM Run

I woke up at 5:00 am today and get myself ready for the run. I was kinda lazy and thought like... "ahh what is this" as I had in in mind that this run will be easy for me. I even had a couple of beers the night before with my friend, Alex.

The event started sharp at 7.15 am for Men's Open Category. I ran with peace of mind, listening to my musics. Just about 20 minutes running, I started to feel pain all over my leg... I was thinking, what the heck with this!! Its just 20 minutes or 2-3KM away which I were not so sure and this is happening to me? I was then try to recall what had gone wrong.

I realized that first, I did not maintain my speed evenly. I had been going very fast from the starting point.... I remember how I started for the Penang Bridge Marathon which is very contrary to this. I tried slowing down by hope the pain will go away, but it won't. I came to realized then, that the route was hilly. Thing become the most difficult for me when running uphill. I cursed for many times. My leg pain was almost unbearable. I was thinking that I am going to fail. Can you imagine, how embarrasing is that? My arrogance was paid off! Kotoh!

I prayed to God, so that the pain will go away. Well, the pain was still there, until I almost fell to the ground as I did not watch my steps properly. I was shocked, peoples were looking at me, but I didn't hear whatever they said as I was on my MP3 and I didn't bother.... hahaha... When that happened, I felt my adrenaline 'rushing/flowing' all over my body and I became super alerted. I didn't realize that the pain suddenly gone. I smiled when I thought of my prayer earlier. "Ohh... thats the way You do it? Thanks by the way :)"... hahaha....

I continued running until the 8th KM.... I checked my watch and it was already 8:00 am. Gosh, 7 KM to go.... and by saying that, my route went uphill again.... There were times, when I just want to give up. I stopped, and thinking of walking only. But I remember, that by stopping will only make me weak and de-motivated. I forced myself to run....  and took a deep breath simultaneously.

I reached the finish line around 8:47 am... and I guess my unofficial time is 1 Hr 32 Mins.... we'll wait until the final list come out. I proceed to get my finisher medal, and straight away trying to cool down myself. I was not feel any excitement and joy as what I experienced in Penang before, but I was thankful to God because I managed to complete it within the qualifying time. Thanks God. :)

I am gonna check the Standard Chatered Marathon route after this. If they use the same hilly route as this, I am gonna back off and re-register myself only for the half-marathon category. I know I will never do it for hilly route.

I think, it is very important to buy one pouch to get my things intact. It was really troublesome to run while holding your key, and wondering your wallet, camera or handphone is safe inside your car.... Those of you who planned to to join such event like this, pls bring all necessary items together to sustain you during the whole run. You will get tired, you will have muscle pain, cramped etc... so bring some medication and hi-energy bars... haha...

Good luck and All the best!!



-----THE END-----

3 comments:

Frankie said...

Well done, Rayner...lesson learned in a 15-km run. Mcm siok pla sy dgr ko bercerita pasal marathon ni.

Lett said...

Bah, apa lagi frankie? marilah kita join PBIM.... half km ja bah... lawa sikit gambar kalau ko ada... heheh

Frankie said...

No no no en. rayner...i prefer to jog casually, malas sy mo berlari bersesak sesak mcm ikan sardin ekeke...

PS: Apaitu PBIM and melampau juga half km...ko underestimate sia kaini? lawa sikit gambar klu sy ada??ko ingat sy mo bawa kaitu dslr time berjogging...punya barat!