Friday, January 16, 2009

Vein of Life

Concerned regarding my current cholesterol level, I did my second blood check-up today, 5 months since my last check. My last LDL is double than the normal range. Since then, I tried on reducing my meat intake and add up some fish in my daily diet. Apart from that, I reduce the number of smoking per day from about 5 times averagely to only once a day. Sometime I failed anyhow.

But I don’t really know how much of this change of eating and smoking habit will improve or reduce the LDL level. Recently, I started to spend some time to exercise, to improve my fitness and health. This will continue everyday as long as I feel necessary.

Thus, I really want a clarification about my current health status…. So that I know which part should be paid more attention. So today, together with my colleague, I decided to take a blood test.

5 years ago, when I had a dengue fever and was admitted in the hospital, I was required to give blood sample for platelet count purpose. So the nurse in duty will take my blood sample twice a day. What I noticed was, most of the time the nurse cannot get my blood at one shot. They only managed to get it after 2 or 3 times trying.

At the first time I donated my blood, the same thing happened. They have a problem not in finding my vein, but to get the blood out of my vein. And there was a time, they only get half of it before its stop flowing.

I am aware of this ‘problem’ since the very first time I deal with it. And today I decided to take a video of the whole process. Enjoy the movie…..



PART 1

PART 2


----- END -----

1 comment:

cOLoeVee said...

Err..physicaly u look healthy.
& I didnt know u fag..hehe.