Friday, January 2, 2009

A Lone Ranger Trip

First of All, I would like to take this chance to say Happy New Year to everybody. Guess all of you have great holidays and are well prepared to come back to work next week. I am not looking forward to go to work anyway.

I guess the first day of New Year was not a good start for me to have this kind of ‘feel good’ feeling. Though most of the previous days I really enjoy many things, but when life full of thrill suddenly change to nothing to do, it feels like the world has stop turning.

So due to great boredom (yesterday), I decided to go to Ranau. That was a sudden decision anyway, as earlier I only planned to drive around and enjoy the beautiful and peaceful scenery along the road. Anyway, after a series of SMSes with my friend, Carl, I decided to go to his place in Ranau. He promised to bring me around (Earlier he said mandi air panas Poring). Whatever it is, as long as I can kill this boredom, it doesn’t matter.

So, I left around 5:00 pm, in a broad day light. You can see the mountain Kinabalu at the back. I light up my cigarette and enjoyed the smoke.



Start going uphill.



Sunset1 gradually take place



Hutan Rimba yg Anggun




An old lady carrying a 'wakid' at her back. Almost hit her as my eyes stick on my camera screen.




At this level, the air is cool.



Beautiful Sunset2.

In a sudden, everything started to change. Everywhere getting dark & darker. It was just 5:30 pm i think. A deep fog is coming.



It's not a big deal. I still can see.


But, suddenly it seems that the fog is getting thicker ahead.


I kept going. Temperature getting lower. I was shivering eventhough i didn't put the A/C on.


I told myself..... "It's getting worse"

I put my lights on..... I can hardly see the car infront of me.





And this is the worst. But, I continued driving.



That's it.....

Ni gambar sampingan.
Arrived at Ranau town around 6:30pm. My friend came to fetch me shortly, and he drove off to his house while deciding what to do next. I suggested going to Poring Hot Spring directly and have something to eat there and drink whiskey in the hot water. He said the food there is not that nice and less variety. He suggested going Kundasang since the foods are better and as he tried to group some friends to visit the nearby club. We were suggesting an opposite direction to go!!

As we stopped at the intersection to make a final decision, finally I agree with his plan. But in the end, we only had dinner as I didn’t bring extra clothing for clubbing. After all, makan is the most imortant thing and to be prioritize. Nothing can justify the need of eating.




After dinner, a thing which was never in our planning came. And that how we spend the rest of the night. I never played before, but i got 'on the job training' from the PRO, and straight away gambling. I ended up losing RM3. Consider good for beginner.

Video for fun: To Ranau



Video for Fun: From Ranau





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it