Monday, January 19, 2009

The Bunch

Today I attended a training regarding The Theory, Design, Operation and Maintenance of Air Compressor. I do not know what this training have to do with me since I do not deal with compressor in my daily job. But, I think it is an opportunity to learn and I am glad I was chosen to attend this training.

So, the first thing is, the training was damned boring. The trainer read most of his lecture from the book and gave only little explanation. I am sorry to say this even though I think the trainer was kind enough. But, I have to say the truth. He was kind, but the lecture was very boring.

Second thing is, while smoking at the open area, one bird dumped its shits on me around 1:55pm…. It fell straight on my forehead!!! I thought it was a drop of water from the a/c unit!! I just wiped it with my hand and straightaway went to the training room and wait until the training finished at 4:40pm before washing it.

Thirdly, I asked the trainer about the current economic situation. He said, he cannot say anything right now as he needs to see the coming economic indicators by March. My colleague said economic condition will be very bad after Chinese New Year. I asked why? He said because customer will not be spending after that. And the economy will deteriorate further. I didn’t say a word.

I heard people claiming before, that the stock market will crash badly after CNY. The same claim I heard last year. I don’t know base on what source the claims were made. But, if we refer back the stock market history during last year CNY, we can conclude that their claims were baseless.




Looking at the graph above, closing price for 1st Feb 2008 (Before CNY) was 1393.25 and closing price for 11th March 2008 (After CNY) was 1404.86. Where was the crash?

Of course it plunged afterwards especially in the month of March, but it was not due to “AFTER CNY” sentiment. It was closely linked to the politic instability due to the 12th General Election. And we can see from the graph when BN had lost 5 states and failed to maintained 2/3 majority, the market reacted aggressively with heavy selling on the 10th March 2008. Afterwards, the downtrend was due to external factor also.


Well, I might be wrong. Nobody can exactly predict the direction of the market price. So we will need to see whether the so-called crash will happen after this coming CNY.

As for me, I believe the 4Q 2008 result which will be out next month will not be pleasing as well as 1Q2009. But, I BELIEVE, recovery will start taking place in the 2nd Half of 2009. True or not, only time will tell.

No comments: