Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Continuous Alien

After attended The Air Compressor training last 2 days, this morning I was asked by my MD to prepare a presentation to teach about what I had learned there. In other words, I was required to transfer my knowledge to my colleagues and to him through formal presentation.

Rayner (reporting):
Last 2 days I attended training about Air Compressor. The topic covers about how to calculate required pressure, power, capacity and about designing and maintaining the air compressor. Apart from that, I also learned about the mechanism and structure of air compressor, various types available in the market and also in economic point of view when to go about buying one.

MD:
Did you learn something?

Rayner:
Of course .

MD:
Can you do maintenance?

Rayner:
The topic only covers about theoretical aspect of it. I did understand which parts need to be maintained, but if you ask me to do maintenance or servicing…. I cannot do.

MD:
That’s why I will transfer you to maintenance department.

Rayner:
No problem.

MD:
No problem?

Rayner:
Yes, No problem.

MD:
It‘s ok. Now you have to prepare a presentation and teach all of us here (6 members) including me.

Rayner:
When?

MD:
Tomorrow.

Rayner:
Tomorrow? But today and tomorrow I have another training.

MD:
So, the whole week, you only attend training?

Rayner:
The Admin forced me to go.

MD:
Ok. Then make it on the 29 Jan.

Rayner:……..

I was thinking, how should I teach a topic which seems to be very strange for me? I never deal with compressor before. Anyhow, I think I will learn about it during CNY holiday. I need to refresh whatever I was thought during the training. I believe I can do it. Just wait and see how I teach you something that I never done before. Hopefully I will not make you lost…. hahaha

No comments: