Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Invitation Card

When I was in KK last month, my fiancee and I visited one of the wedding shop in 1B. We want to have a look on some wedding invitation card to get some idea about designing our own. Out of many designs, we were attracted with one of the magazine-style kind of card. For us, it looks different and contemporary. So we decided to use that template and provide them with all the necessary info and material to start the designing.

One week later, they sent me their design concept. I was quite happy with it, but the more I look on it, I had a feeling that something is not right. First, they totally follow the original template, which is not suitable with the mood we are expecting to reflect from our pictures. Secondly, the choice of fonts is not contemporary :).... its kinda boring with all those flowerly thingy...not to mentioned the invitation style...ahh, they just following what they have in their catalogue.

So, I decided to make revision. I designed my own card in the excel file, and asked them to follow strictly... It took me 2 days to design it, and its definitely much better. I changed the pictures arrangement, I changed the invitation wordings and also the choice of font. After that I sent the second rev. to them to follow.

I received the second revision today. And to my disappointment, they failed to follow many important details that I asked them to follow. I start to feel uneasy. Why they take it easy? Probably they didnt meant too, but I just cannot help from thinking about how unprofessional they are in the job that the should be very well known of. I cant do anything, as I already paid my deposit.... So I make my third revision.

Hope they can make it right this time and luckily I still have plenty of time to go.

One of the many things I hate about bridal shop or wedding shop is that they are very reluctant about giving softcopy. I dont know why, probably they afraid ppl use their masterpiece and claimed it as their own... or maybe, since the existance of Facebook, they take this advantage to make more money. Even the softcopy of my invitation card is being watermark. Anyhow, I will make sure I get the high resolution complete softcopy of this later, since I am the one who design most of it. The idea is mine, they only put it on their template so they can print it out.

Hopefully they are aware of it. Its give and take policy maa.... U give me softcopy, u can take my design and use for ur business purpose... if you ever want to use it lah... kami taulah muka kami ni teda nilai nilai komersil....

THE END

8 comments:

TaQuiLa said...

ba, share2 la how ur invitation card kio :)

Lett said...

Bah nnt sia kasi juga. jan risau. hhee

Wel^Beiolman said...

doi....bikin malu jg tu kadai kalu suda kana bg sample inda buli buat jg..haha..

Claire said...

muahaha...komersil ka nda komersil tu muka...itu kerja durang tu kasi jadi supaya komersil! effect2 those kind of things! sot la tu kadai tu kalau gitu...sampai urang mo hantar design 3kali...

Lett said...

Jangan kamu... as a time of writing, sia sudah hantar Rev ke-6 sia..... sigh...

Wel^Beiolman said...

ada experience ka pekerja durang ni tau sekadar ada duit mau buat bisnes kenen..haha...butul2 bikin malu o..haha...ke 6 suda..doi!!!!!!!!!!!

Lett said...

Iya well... sudah sia hantar rev ke 6... I would say sia puas hati 85% jak.... but i dunno how to explain lagi bah... mesti tangan sia juga pi pigang tuh mouse baru buli...

now, sia sedang minta softcopy of the overall piece.... tunggu durang mau bagi ka inda... kalau inda mau bagi, ada lah sia mau cakap.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site mrlett.blogspot.com
Is this possible?