Thursday, September 18, 2008

May he rest in peace

Yesterday (17th September) i received a phone call from my friend, saying that Mr Y is in critical condition and probably he will not make it until tomorrow.

This person is my colleague. I am not that close with him, but in some occasion, he is still the main person for me to talk and discuss regarding any work in his department. I never thought this kind of thing ever happened to him.

All this while, he seems very healthy, no symptoms of sickness (unless he hide it). But as long as i am aware, i could say that he is 100% healthy.Until last month, he was admitted to the hospital. From what i heard he got Leukaemia.

I was a bit shocked upon hearing the news. I talked to our nurse and asking more detail about Leukaemia. I even surfed on the net to get more information. I learned that it can be cured, if found in its early stage.He was admitted and went for a chemo treatment. The chemo session went through about 1 month.

I did not really follow his progress with a thought that he is recovering. Not until yesterday, i received a sms saying that his condition get worsen!! And about 4.27 hour today (18 September) he passed away, finally after a long battle.

If you ask me about my feeling, i think he's just too young to die (28yrs old if not mistaken). I feel sorry and sad for him, and in the way i treated him at some times, especially when we argued over certain issues, i regret it. Now what i can do is to offer my prayer for him and be thankful to God for a good health i enjoy until now.

3 comments:

Joan said...

condolences

btw, i got tag for you.http://kaleidoscopic-dreams.blogspot.com/2008/09/rainy-day-blues-part-1.html

-f-l-o- said...

May he rest in peace. There is no regret over things like that la Rayn. I'm sure he didn't take it personally.

If he took it personally, lain cerita la. Itu baru kau buli regret. Hehe.

Lett said...

Like what you said, he didn't take it personnaly lah... i am sure he didnt....but cuma regret (heart feel with grief) bah... coz manalah kita tau hal ini buli jadi sampai mcm ni kan...