Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Industrial Engineer Pt 1

I seldom talk about my job, what exactly I do, and what does it mean to be an industrial engineer. Back in year 2000/2001, was the time where I had to decide what course or which field should be taken to further up my study. I actually had no idea. My first choice was engineering. But then, what engineering? Civil? Mechanical? Material? Chemical?. I had no idea at all.

Anyhow, I did some study, and found out that the terms and description of Manufacturing Engineering & Telecommunication Engineering just got my attention more than others. So I raised application for both, but ended up being offered with the first one.

I don’t want to talk about how bad I did on my study. I loved my life as a student but really felt sick when it comes to study. I prayed to God to help me to get through my study on time, and indeed with His help, I managed to finish up my study on time but at a very average result. I am not a smart person, if you want to know.

Then after sat for my final examination, I started looking for a job. I prayed hard so that at least will get a job. I did not being choosy, as I knew what my qualification deserved for.

So after merely 3 weeks, I got a job offer as a Business Development Engineer. I like my job, but this company was really a vampire!!. They sucked all my ‘blood’ and energy and emotion. I just can’t stand it and left only after 1 month and 23 days. Well at least I can use this company to get me a car. It was really difficult without a car during that moment. And without a car, I don’t think I will take such a drastic decision to go to KL, just looking for a job.

I drove to KL, just 3 days after my resignation. I arrived in KL in the middle of nowhere. I promised to meet up with my brother at Mid Valley, so he can guide me to the next destination (He knows KL well). Anyhow, since my Nokia 3310 did not support GPS technology during that time, I ended up stopping at KL Sentral. My brother and I met up half an hour later and went to my old friend’s house, where I supposedly be staying.

Since then, I sent a number of applications, and a week later got a job interview and a job offer, as an Industrial Engineer. I thought earlier, I suppose to write directly regarding what Industrial Engineer is all about. But, I guess my mukadimah is very long, and would be very boring if I continue further. So, I stop here and will continue in the next post.

3 comments:

Joan said...

domain name ko ni mana ko guna blog hosting dia

-f-l-o- said...

Mang panjang la mukadimah ko ni. Hehehe.

Joan, you have to pay for this domain, very cheap.. USD10.00 per year kalau tidak silap. :)

Lett said...

Joan:
Sia mimang guna blogspot bah nih.... but as Flo said, i bought this domain at USD 10 per year. So convert from mrlett.blogspot.com to mrlett.com. You can do that also. It comes with many useful features as a bonus.

Pi lah beli bah. ada free email lagi kana bagi. setakat 35 ringgit setahun, mimang worth it lah sa rasa.

Flo,
Ni lah satu masalah sia ni kalau mau start menulis..... hopefully i can find a time to write the 2nd part.