Saturday, October 25, 2008

Last Week (WK 43)

It had been a nice week because of the Dojo. Dojo is a Japanese word and it referring to a learning and improvement activity in my company. I don’t know the exact word in English anyway, but in this event, a number of people will involved. They will be divided into smaller group and working together to realize their group’s aims or objectives.

I have forgotten how many Dojos’ I have joined so far, but I believe it shouldn’t be less than ten. I have different feelings on each different Dojo. I hate those which need me to stay back more than 10 o’clock. But, luckily last week’s Dojo only last mostly until 7-8pm.

It was a nice Dojo since I did not have to do my daily reporting which I always consider as a waste of time. How much of job are you talking about to complete in a day? But if your reporting is a one day report short, people will think that you are not doing any job. People expect to hear more. That’s what makes me sick.

The last day of the Dojo ended with one hour written test which compulsory for all candidates. They need to sit for this test in order to be qualified for a Level 1 certificate. Currently I am at level 1A. Practically, the highest level to achieve is Level 3.

During the examination, I sneaked at the questions while walking around, to my surprise, I found that some of it was indeed very difficult to answer. No wonder most of them cannot finished it on time. Luckily the time was extended. At this time, I don’t think I am fit for my Level 1A certification anymore.

I knew the reason behind. It’s because I seldom use it in my daily job. Not because I don’t want to, but because my job direction doesn’t need it to be used. Thus, I forget. What a waste of HUMAN CAPITAL. You get this people qualified for this and that, but never used them for what they had been trained for.

Talking about my job last week, the Dojo was the only thing worth to be mentioned then. A lot of terrible things with terrible people and terrible situation happened too, but they were all history, and Mr Lett is not going to write about it here. Probably next time when the time is right.

No comments: