Sunday, October 12, 2008

When the account is not balance.....

5 months ago, I made an order of item A from one of our local supplier. Unfortunately due to my lack of attention, the result was not as what I expected. So I made a second order to replace the first one with additional charges of RM 300 (which meant the company merely loss RM 300 due to my ignorance). The transaction was well within the purchasing department knowledge & control. And they were fully aware of it.

Last Friday I received one e-mail from account department, and being CC-ed to our MD. It was due to one supplier I dealt before, demanding payment of items they had delivered 5 months ago, but have not received ANY payment from the account department. Walau satu sen pun.

I learned that the problem was due to NO Purchase Order (PO) being released from purchasing department. Since I was the one who ordered the item, so they blamed me. Like I was the one who responsible to release the PO.

See, the real problem here is NO PO, and no PO means no payment lah…. I understand this very well, but what kept me wondering was why they need to raise the issue of RM 300 loss to the MD?

What they supposed to do was to ask me to get a special approval from the MD to release the payment, since I was the one who made the order. I keep on thinking why they need to raise the issue of RM 300 loss, as an arrangement has been made by purchasing department previously regarding this matter.

In my effort to make long story short, I met with the MD, explained the real situation, kena marah sikit and get his approval. Habis cerita, and puas hati sia.
----- END -----

No comments: